Ceres Garden is one of Washington’s largest cannabis producer/processors. Founded in 2013 and currently operating in Bellevue, WA, Ceres offers one of the most impressive line-ups of i502 retail products on the market. Our brand is currently featured in over 300 retail locations across the state and we are enjoying continued growth and looking to add more talent to our team.
The Ceres Garden Lab Director will lead all aspects of the Butane Extraction Process and supervise all lab functions, process, and staff in that area. The successful candidate will be experienced with distillation of Cannabis and embody our entrepreneurial mindset.
- Execute the extraction and processing of materials in accordance with state and local standards.
- Understand the mandated compliance and reporting requirements, including i-502 regulations regarding the handling and storage of cannabis.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of product through quality control testing and procedures.
- Maintain strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals, and equipment
- Store supplies and equipment and disposal of waste according to guidelines.
- Complete the cleaning and sanitization of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools.
- Follow all standard operating procedures regarding product creation and lab safety.
- Perform clerical work related to laboratory activities: record keeping, filing, answering e-mail inquiries, and live inventory spreadsheet (as inventory increases/decreases).
- Work with certified testing laboratories as defined by state guidelines.
- Comply with all HR policies.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in organic chemistry or biochemistry
- PhD in organic chemistry or biochemistry would be considered an asset but not mandatory
- Hands-on experience in cannabis extraction with butane, ethanol and hydrocarbon would be considered an asset
- Experienced practicing in an industrial chemistry environment
- Hands-on experience with cannabinoid purification would be considered a strong asset.
- Hands-on experience with chemical synthesis would be considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize multiple project deliverables with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to plan and organize process/product development projects
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using MS Office software
- Familiarity with FDA and cGMP regulations and/or experience working in a cGMP or ISO regulated work environment
Preference will be given to candidates already living within an one hour drive of our Bellevue location, but out of state applicants may be considered with outstanding fit to the posting. Must be authorized to work in the US and pass a background check for employment.
We offer competitive compensation and salary is negotiable based on experience.
We look forward to working with you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow all state guidelines and best practices.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Bellevue, WA (Required)
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Cannabis+Lab+Director&c=Greenway&l=Bellevue%2C+WA&jk=2e10db3cb6036019&rtk=1eh4clphvrel4800&from=rss→