Berlin Packaging is the nation’s premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing – and importantly, collaborative – entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we’re not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Demand Planner who will be responsible for supporting the demand review process as part of the overall Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process. The role is the integration point between the sales, supply chain, and production planning teams.
- Maintain, analyze, update and own monthly item forecasts, including new products for all markets.
- Facilitate and lead regional and/or local demand review meetings with sales team and account managers.
- Work with Berlin’s sales team to review forecast trends, orders, and finished good inventory levels on a monthly basis. Measure and report forecast accuracy.
- Monitor and report on significant variances between sales forecasts, budgets and actual volume sold.
- Lead root-cause analysis into major forecast variances. Identify reasons / assumptions / risks behind forecasted numbers.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, integrate market intelligence to prepare forecast data.
- Coordinate with the sales team and account managers to incorporate forecast for new opportunities.
- Coordinate with cross-functional (sales, marketing & finance) teams to reconcile significant variances to build an unconstrained demand plan.
- Develop continuous improvement tasks such as data analysis, ABC segmentation calculation, monthly monitoring of alerts and deviation tracking, demand pattern identification and customer behavior analysis.
- Ensure that the sales forecasting system (Logility) is used optimally.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer issues with central & regional supply planning.
- Prepare and maintain meaningful reports pertaining to demand planning process.
- Fulfill employee portion of the Berlin Values by demonstrating a strong work ethic, teamwork, loyalty, innovation, productivity and driving profitable results.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Planning or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a demand planning or related role
- APICS certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is preferred
- Sound knowledge of supply chain function including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes
- Strong systems / process orientation with proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS office applications. Working knowledge of Peoplesoft and Logility or other demand planning systems such as Demantra, SAP APO, or JDA
- Demonstrates the ability to learn Berlin Packaging’s business, products, customers, and suppliers
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment while demonstrating ability to handle complexity and resolve conflicts that may arise from balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing company needs and deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and follow up
- Sales and Distribution Center Office
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Demand+Planner&c=Berlin+Packaging&l=Dallas%2C+TX&jk=c3aee8701c22c721&rtk=1e7or0g0bbjd0800&from=rss→