Full Job Description
The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
- For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.*
This position processes biomass using ethanol or hydrocarbon processes. Supports and adheres to Grow Op Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Understands the extraction process and manipulates equipment to regulate thermal expansion and condensations as it relates to recovery times.
- Recognizes boiling points for solvents used and the most efficient ways to condense gas vapor.
- Monitors extractions to ensure equipment is working properly and conforms to safe operating parameters.
- Communicates with the Extraction Lead about biomass quality, preparation, or any deviations from normal operating procedures based upon biomass quality.
- Assists in packing biomass, post processing activities, and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Performs continuous safety checks on machines and equipments which includes tools; notifies the Extraction Lead of maintenance needs.
- Responsible for disassembly and reassembly of extractors and active working on safe, efficient and effective techniques.
- Logs material information and yields in designated tracker.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Extraction Lead, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Performs PM on a daily/weekly/monthly schedule or as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) year associates or trade degree preferred.
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Extraction+Technician&c=Grow+Op+Farms&l=Spokane+Valley%2C+WA&jk=33793906215d3756&rtk=1f49e2j4ao23b800&from=rss→