Full Job Description
Mammoth Distribution https://www.mammoth.org/ has been working steadily for several years to help build the cannabis industry one relationship at a time. We are the exclusive distributor of multiple top-10 California cannabis brands including Heavy Hitters, Almora, and other products in the vape, flower, pre-roll, concentrate and edible categories. By establishing Mammoth as one of the largest and most professional distribution companies with best-in-class products successfully operating in the crowded California market, we are uniquely positioned for optimal growth as the legal cannabis industry continues to expand.
Are you ready to join an exciting, growing industry? The Production Team Lead is responsible for leading the production department. The Lead ensures the team is trained on internal procedures and is accurately and timely fulfilling work product in alignment with these protocols. Knowledge of cannabis filling is required, along with attention to detail, to ensure precision with quality control and compliance. This position reports to the General Manager and plays a critical role managing this segment of the production process to control interruptions and/or disruptions.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Consistent and timely completion of assembly and packaging work needed to achieve production goals
- Ensure quality control in alignment with assembly and packaging activities
- Successful team management experience
WHAT YOU’VE DONE (Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-year experience working in industrial production preferred
- Available to work a flexible schedule including overtime
- Cooperative with accepting unanticipated overtime requests
- Capable of reading and understanding production documents and safety manuals
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to comply with all safety guidelines at all times
- Reliable and punctual with regular attendance
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
- Organized and detail oriented
- Adept with navigating multiple competing deadlines
- Ability to understand and speak basic English
- Able to coordinate activities among staff to properly execute filling operations in compliance with cannabis regulations
- Possess general computer skills
- Good leadership skills with the confidence to have difficult conversations and coach team members successfully
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provides on-the-job training for production team members. Ensures that training requirements are kept up to date. Mentors staff to promote continuing compliance with approved procedures and cannabis requirements.
- Demonstrates organizational values through work and actions in order to motivate others to follow suit
- Adheres to any internal and external good manufacturing guidelines and industry regulations as they apply to all levels of work
- Assists in maintenance and validation of all assembly and packaging equipment
- Responsible and accountable for quality control on the production line
- Interacts and coordinates with other team members and leaders in order to optimize production scheduling without compromising quality
- Ensure production requirements and quality standards are met consistently
- Share fact-based feedback with senior management regarding team member knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s)
- Identify opportunities for training and coordinate with managers and HR to share details on learning needs
- Follow internal SOP’s and hold others accountable for following procedures
- Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to management
- Follow all written and verbal instructions
- Attend all safety and production training
- Flexible and cooperative to meet changing and unexpected deadlines. This may include, but is not limited to, being willing to work overtime which may not be scheduled or anticipated in advance.
- Able to work overtime as needed, including nights and weekends. Employees will be compensated for overtime in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Commit to always demonstrating core values:
- Happy, Hungry, Focused, Honest
- Project a professional image with attire, attitude and interactions
- Leads by example
- Collaborate with other members of the production team to ensure a smooth process
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
The physical requirements illustrated are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity
- Able and patient to do repetitive tasks
- Ability to learn and use various machines and hand tools
- Lifting, bending, reaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good vision and hearing
- Able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to demonstrate all physical aspects of the job
Mammoth Distribution provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DISCLOSURE TO JOB APPLICANTS PURSUANT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA)
As part of your job application and the Company’s evaluation of your candidacy, the Company collects, receives, maintains, and uses the following types of Personal Information about you for the business purposes identified for each category:
Category: Personal Identifiers Examples: Name, alias, postal or mailing address, email address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number
To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring; employers to maintain certain records;
To evaluate your job application and candidacy for employment;
To obtain and verify background check and references; and
To communicate with you regarding your candidacy for employment.
Category: Pre-Hire Information Examples: Job application, resume, background check results, job interview notes, and candidate evaluation records
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Employment History Examples: Information regarding prior job experience, positions held, names of prior supervisors, reference information, skills and when permitted by applicable law your salary history or expectations
Business Purpose: Same as above
Category: Education Information Examples: Information from resumes regarding educational history; transcripts or records of degrees, vocational certifications, licenses obtained
Business Purpose: Same as above
If you become employed by the Company, the Company will notify you of additional categories of Personal Information that it collects, receives, and maintains for business purposes
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Production+Team+Lead&c=Mammoth+Distribution&l=Santa+Rosa%2C+CA&jk=06a6ef223581bc9d&rtk=1fbls1vdio2dq800&from=rss→