Full Job Description
The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
- For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.*
This position is responsible for coordinating the inventory needs for facility projects and on-going services to the facility as assigned by the Facilities Director. Supports and adheres to the company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Commutes to vendors and supply stores for inventory items.
- Tracks and monitors material status for various jobs.
- Coordinates freight and small deliveries for facility maintenance operation.
- Maintains records including opening and closing purchase orders.
- Reports on budgetary positions to ensure purchases are within weekly budget.
- Maintains vendor relations including researching and partnering with current and new vendors to meet material/inventory needs.
- Analyzes current inventory levels and replenishes as needed or directed.
- Plans current or new processes and projects.
- Ensures necessary equipment, supplies, material and tools are available for approved plans.
- Constantly communicates the plan/project progress with team members and leadership.
- Receives freight and parcel shipments of goods into the facility.
- Operates forklift to store inventory appropriately.
- Follows safety protocols and standards in daily activities.
- Works with leads and co-workers to accomplish daily tasks and address facility’s needs.
- Communicates with supervisor and other team members to accomplish company standards and goals.
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Previous maintenance, construction, or general labor experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to be be insured under company policy
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Frequently sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, grasp, walk, reach, taste, smell, climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, and/or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Purchasing+Agent&c=Grow+Op+Farms&l=Spokane+Valley%2C+WA&jk=bc50a1874747e076&rtk=1f4sdn78r309v000&from=rss→