$18 an hour
Full Job Description
Job Title: Research Assistant–LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY (Half Moon Bay, SAN MATEO COUNTY ONLY PLEASE*)
Department: Research and Development
Reports to: Lead Scientist
Hire Date: ASAP
Location: 37K Frenchman’s Creek Road, Half Moon Bay CA, 94019
Benefits: Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, PTO
Founded in 2007, Dark Heart Nursery’s mission is to help growers thrive by pioneering innovative products and services. DHN does this by specializing and leading the industry in cultivating high-quality clones for growers across California. Our years of experience allows us to produce premium clones from both popular and emerging lines that perform well in a variety of settings. DHN continues to expand into additional facilities to bring on more capacity and to lower the cost of production. DHN is also an industry leader in cannabis tissue culture and is further developing the plant biotech side of the business into plant pathology, virus eradication, and breeding. It is an exciting time to join the team as DHN scales the business to dominate the cannabis nursery space.
DHN is recruiting for a research assistant to help run trials and experiments to support lead scientists. The position involves executing experiments, collecting data, and maintaining/building greenhouse equipment. Light manual labor (lifting and moving of plants, soil) and physical activity included.
This position is temporary with the potential to become permanent.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Maintaining plants (pruning, irrigation, pest scouting and preventative pest management)
- Sampling plant leaves and tissues
- Application of experimental sprays, drenches, and other plant manipulations
- Meticulous observation and note taking
- Data entry and analysis
- Small scale construction projects
- Equipment and facility maintenance
- Attend weekly lab meeting
- Read key papers, articles and other materials to aid in understanding of experiments
Education/Experience: M.S. or B.S. in agriculture, genetics, or statistics. Background in plant sciences and/or greenhouse experience preferred.
- 1 year of lab or field experiment experience or
- 2 years of greenhouse experience
Language: Fluent in English. Spanish speaking considered a plus.
- Proficiency in proper and safe use of hand/power tools used in repairs.
- Proficiency in proper and safe use of chemicals used in operating and maintaining greenhouse.
- Can lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Precise motor control working with objects less than 1 mm in size.
- High level of self-organization.
- Proactive problem solving.
- Time management skills.
- Clear communication in a team setting.
- Data collection and analytics.
- Attention to detail, especially during repetitive tasks.
- Ability to maintain cleanliness and safety control standards.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field and/or laboratory research procedures and protocols.
- Scientific familiarity with cannabis or greenhouse agricultural crops.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Studio R and Power BI experience a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.