$24 an hour
Customer service: 1 year (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Retail management: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
In this role, you will assist the General Manager in leading the cannabis retail team and oversee day to day operations. You will foster a culture of teamwork and camaraderie, with communication being at the forefront of team building. You will coordinate the details of daily operations, working closely with the Director of Retail Operations. You will oversee security, reporting and cash management procedures related to opening and closing of the store.
- Lead and inspire team members to continuously grow, learn, evolve, to be compassionate, kind and strive to become better.
- Help build an exceptional team that will uphold and deliver our mission, vision, and goals to customers.
- Meet or exceed sales goals, profitability, and operational excellence
- Exceed the customers expectations by implementing and delivering exceptional service and training the staff to deliver the same service
- Drive customer visit goals and increase the number of returning customers
- Analyze, forecast, and deliver financial and operational reporting regularly
- Identify underperforming metrics and help develop strategies for improvement
- Clear knowledge and understanding of cannabis regulations (including Metrc) and ensure that compliance is executed in operations
- Promote an environment and culture that is focused on positive and healthy interactions
- Foster positive and productive relationships with all vendors
- Partner with the General Manager to effectively communicate and delegate goals, tasks, and responsibilities to the team to ensure a smooth operational flow.
- Monitor and manage staffing, scheduling, operations, processes, etc.
- Encourage and promote a teamwork environment while empowering a self-managing team
- Monitor and manage inventory, product placement, store presentations and work with marketing to raise awareness and increase sales
- Implement selling programs, sell-through rates
- Engage meaningfully in the local community through events, programs and partnerships
- Knowledgeable of POS system functions
- Strategically utilize the tools provided to successfully capture customers’ buying habits to ensure the best in class experience
- Implement systems of checks and balances in areas vulnerable to loss
- Promote and implement sales strategies
*other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 21 years of age
- 2+ years of management experience in a cannabis dispensary
- 3 years of retail management
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not a must
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Strong desire to work at a successful and culturally invigorating company
- Excellent communication skills
- Inventory management experience preferred but not a must
- High energy with a hint of hustle
- Self-starter and very organized
- Follows store/company code of conduct
- Knowledge skill and ability to upload position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds at times.
- Be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, bend, kneel, squat, and twist
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by STIIIZY and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
- Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company’s full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression
Certain staff members may be required to meet special dress, grooming, and hygiene standards, such as wearing uniforms or protective clothing, depending on the nature of their job. Uniforms and protective clothing may be required for certain positions and will be provided to employees by Shryne Group, Inc.
At the discretion of the department head, in special circumstances, such as during unusually hot or cold weather or during special occasions, staff members may be permitted to dress in a more casual fashion than is normally required. On these occasions, staff members are still expected to present a neat appearance and are not permitted to wear ripped, frayed or disheveled clothing. Likewise, tight, revealing, bare midriffs or otherwise the workplace-inappropriate dress is not permitted.
Reasonable accommodation of religious beliefs:
Shryne recognizes the importance of individually held religious beliefs to persons within its workforce. Shryne Group, Inc. will reasonably accommodate a staff member’s religious beliefs in terms of workplace attire unless the accommodation creates an undue hardship. Accommodation of religious beliefs in terms of attire may be difficult in light of safety issues for staff members. Those requesting a workplace attire accommodation based on religious beliefs should be referred to the human resources department.
Due to Covid-19, we are doing everything we can to keep our team and customers safe. This means individual offices or widely spaced workstations. We also provide extra masks, shields, hand sanitizer, and gloves as needed. We are an essential business and we require our team to work in the office.
Shryne Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- How many years of managerial/supervisory experience do you have?
- What is the highest number of employees have you managed/supervised?
- We offer a thorough and robust training program that will be conducted at our training facility located in (Nor Cal – Pacheco), (So Cal – DTLA, Jurupa Valley, Palm Desert, Wildomar, Vista). You will be required to attend this training for 3 days. Are you able to commit to this? (Interviewer will explain what this looks like and additional details to candidate).
- You will be required to commute to the nearest sister store (from your home store) for additional management training.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Retail management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Retail+Assistant+Manager&c=IGS+Solutions&l=Davis%2C+CA&jk=c2b11845d191a522&rtk=1faqkv4v6o1jd800&from=rss→